Sunday, August 2, 2009

Home Goods Excursion: Part I- Art Work, Placemats, etc.


Last week I visited one of my major obsessions, Home Goods. You know the good ol' people at Marshalls and TJ Maxx? They're all part of the same family. Home Goods, however, just focuses on products for the home. This is my favorite place for on the cheap buys.

I found so much great stuff I only wish I had an empty house to fill and the money to buy it all. Check out what I spotted at the mecca for affordable buys:

-----
Artwork can be an expensive investment, but absolutely necessary to fill a home. If you can't afford to splurge on the real thing quite yet, why not shop at places like Home Goods, which are perfect for all kinds of art pieces on the cheap.

This black and white picture below is not my favorite, but I love the frame. You could place your own photography or any print you like in place of the existing photo; then you have the picture you like with the framing you like without paying a hefty price to have it framed yourself.


I love abstract art. It allows each observer the freedom to interpret their own ideas and conjure up their personal emotions about the artwork.

Again- a great frame to place your choice of art within...

Mirrors are a great way to open up space while simultaneously existing as its own art piece, depending on the intricacy or design of the frame. This round mirror is a simple character addition to any room.


I love how placemats can change the whole mood of a table setting. These placemats would look cool with large, white, square plates.




This would be a great centerpiece to spice up your bar. Very Greta Garbo!




This light fixture looked a lot more eye-catching in person. It's pretty funky.

Stay tuned for more fantastic finds at Home Goods...

No comments:

Post a Comment