Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tao Summer Sangria


I've created a masterpiece! I'm calling it Tao Summer Sangria (Tao = The Art Of :D). Anything with cilantro reminds me of summer.

Here is a rough recipe for:

Tao Summer Sangria

1 bottle of Chardonnay (I used 3 buck Chuck (Charles Shaw wines from Trader Joes, $3) because there is no point in spending a lot of money on a wine that your are going to completely alter)
1 cup of St. Germaine elderflower liqueur (amount depends on desired sweetness)
1 large handful of cilantro
1 large handful of mint
6-8 large basil leaves
1/2 cucumber

*Combine all the vegetable and herb ingredients in a pitcher.
*Pour in wine followed by the St. Germaine.
*Chill for several hours.
*Strain and pour into wine glass and garnish with mint.

Enjoy!


The Kyocera adjustable slicer is such a great kitchen tool. It works like a mandolin and sliced my cucumbers perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment