Monday, December 21, 2009

Eating with Art and Soul


A little while ago, I met up with some friends at Art and Soul restaurant near Capitol Hill in NW, Washington, DC. I only ate a couple of appetizers and dessert, so it warrants a trip back to try the entrees. The food is gourmet southern style cooking based on Chef Art Smith's southern roots and cooking heritage.

I had the spice rubbed Ahi Tuna with fried green tomatoes and green tomato relish, and the Maryland Crab Bisque. The bisque was a little luke warm and probably would have tasted better hot, but the Ahi Tuna was very good. I took a bite of a friend's collard greens, which were pretty good, but not like the "southern" style greens I know and love.

For dessert I had the Chocolate Stout Pudding Cake with pear butter, chewy caramel, and cinnamon cream. It sounded amazing. With all those yummy ingredients I expected it to be absolutely decadent, but I probably should have waited to try it before I gave it such high expectations. It was tasty, but not as sinful as I had hoped it would be. But sinful for me may down right be a spot in Hades for the next person.

I'll be back to try the main courses. My friends seemed to enjoy their entrees. I'll have a better gage on how good the food is once I try the heart of the menu.

The decor, I really liked. It had art and soul. The atmosphere was sophisticated yet laid back. A perfect mix for eating, laughing and enjoying your friends. I would definitely go back just to enjoy the interior design.






















No comments:

Post a Comment